Hey fellow foodies -
PF Changs is famous for their Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Everyone always talks about the chicken lettuce wraps anytime PF Changs is mentioned. Since 3 of my 4 siblings worked there, I am extra fond of these! I found this really simple and quick recipe to make these in your very own kitchen! Now normally - I will substitute complicated or unique ingredients for other things that I already have in my cupboard but in this recipe it is very important to get the right sauces so that it tastes just right! You can find all of the ingredients below at your neighborhood grocery story and thankfully it doesn't require a special trip to a Chinese or International grocery store. Not that Chinese or International grocery stores are bad - I just know it takes a lot more effort to find and go to one of these little gems!
PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Adapted from this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, or more depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 can (8 oz) of whole water chestnuts, drained & diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, approximately 3-5 minutes. Crumble the chicken as it cooks and then drain the excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of the butter lettuce leaf.
Happy cookin' -